This is of course, long overdue. I promised myself that when I went back to work, I wouldn’t let my blog responsibilities slide. I mean, I have a responsibility to the public to make them happy. I’m basically like the president without the suits and actual responsibility, but whatever.
Anyway, all my plans for this blog were kind of punched in the face when I freaking got SHINGLES. While the rash is gone for the most part, the pain was awful. It’s starting to take a turn the better, which is great because popping 10 pills a day (literally) was making me feel like Lindsey Lohan and really try to live a life where I don’t feel like her on a regular basis.
I’m left with an ugly, deep scar on my forehead, which at least gives me some street-cred because I look like this gangster:
So what else is new aside from shingles and work, you ask? Allow me to provide you with a riveting look at the current happenings of my life:
- Caroline and Oliver both had birthdays and we chose to have a joint party on a day that broke rain records. It was like throwing a party in the middle of freaking Hurricane Katrina. The real tragedy was that our promised and scheduled bounce house was never delivered due to the rain so we had 40 people crammed into our wise. Needless to say, we ran out of wine and I may have had a lot to do with that.
- I still hate hosting parties. Like, why the hell do I need to care about whether or not you need a drink? Are you thirsty? THEN GET A DRINK.
- Caroline started preschool. She’s one week in and so far her teacher isn’t contemplating retirement. We had to fill out a questionnaire on what we’d like her to learn and I said the generic “to share!” but what I really wanted to say was “behavior that resembles a sane human.” Oh, and to wipe properly.
- I saw someone at Target wearing a “this face deserves compassion too” Timothy McVeigh t-shirt so I mean…that’s cool…if you like that sort of thing.
- Having shingles allowed me the opportunity to catch up on “Scandal.” That dumb show. It went from being likably unrealistic to the damn president literally starting a war with another country so he could save his extramarital sidepiece who was kidnapped by the Vice President in a coup attempt on the government. I couldn’t tell if I had taken too many meds or if this storyline was in fact real.
- When getting ready for work in the morning, I’ve been listening to a podcast where two straight men analyze episodes of “Gilmore Girls” and it’s freaking great. I have nothing else to add here.
- Caroline started soccer last week. Clearly she gets her affinity for team sports from her mother:
Okay, well we are off for a Sunday morning of grocery shopping, pet store shopping, coffee drinking and football viewing and I can feel Ryan’s judgmental eyes staring at me to get moving.
I’LL BE BACK FOLKS.